Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Happy Birthday to Me! ! !

I went to the other surgeon today and he said there are a few areas of concern, but surgery is not a good option at this point and time. He said to use more steriods (that sounds funny, doesn't it?) and just to wait. They will know more in six months when I come back home for a visit.

My regular doctor (where I got the surgery done) said he spoke with the surgeon and they also said to wait, but not to cancel Germany. Thank goodness! I was getting really concerned. He also said they would write me a prescription for glasses and get me in them soon so that I can see better until my eye heals. And they will pay for it. Very nice. I have to admit, I strongly dislike the idea of glasses again, but at this point, I will gladly take them if it means I can see well again.


On top of that it is my 26th birthday!!!!! Mom and I did lunch, which was quite nice. It's a more low-key birthday, and that is fine by me.

I think it's about time to start the Germany count down....

3 comments:

Mary said...

Hi Kate, I trust your eye will get better, what the luck to be one of the small %! Do you have an address in Germany yet? Watch for Reinke and Niemeyer last names, both Glenn's and my families immigrated from near Hamburg and I still have relatives living there.
Mary

Unknown said...

YO, Daughter, the count down to Germany includes me this time!!!

Megan said...

What is your departure date so we can have an accurate countdown?