Thursday, October 18, 2007

Appropriating Internet

My net has not been working since yesterday and I have no idea why. I bought a cable (dang everything is so expensive here!) and connected directly to the modem and nothing. Nada. Any advice, Dad? So I've been "borrowing" some when possible, which has been a few minutes per day. Therefore if I get quiet, you know why. I'll see what my roomie knows when she returns on Sunday.

Today was successful. I left my place at 9 and didn't get back til 4, then I ran two more errands. I got medicine for my bug bite from hell, matriculated, got insurance, a bank account, my semester ticket is on the way, got more necessities I was still lacking, and biked allllll over the city. Yesterday I did just under 10 miles, today I'm sure I did waaaaaaaaay more than that. My rear and legs are sore like nothing else. Am I complaining too much? Actually, once the rain stopped, it was a lovely, albeit chilly, day. Everyone who helped me was so very friendly!

I think, however, one ought to have a license to ride a bike here. I nearly plowed down two pedestrians, and almost took another two bikers head-on. That's scarier than the pedestrians. And why are people walking on the bike path? And why are cars parked there? Hello, BIKE path! The Klingle of Death only works on people! Argh.

I managed to get some lunch about 3 and headed over to a park around the lake, the Alster. I sat on a bench, watched those crazy Germans out sailing and whatnot, and watched people playing with their dogs. Any city with so many dogs and dog lovers must be good, right? Actually, I really like the city so far. I didn't get as lost today, which was nice.

Tonight I'm hoping to sleep. Boy howdy am I exhausted! And fingers crossed that the nice person who is unintentionally letting me use their internet does not wise up to the fact, though I plan to only use it for good. : D

Miss you all!

3 comments:

Megan said...

Good to hear your day went well and you were so successful. Keep up the good work!

Mary said...

Kate if you are cold you could try Megan's chili recipe. The other night she used chipolte powder thinking it was chili powder. The taste is good but it does raise your body temp.

Unknown said...

I'm thinking maybe I'll just walk while you ride, you sound too dangerous! Of course, now that you've gotten all the cabbies mad at you, taking a cab is probably out of the question?!?!