Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Day Two

Boy howdy I'm tired. I slept from 9:30 to 1 am, when I awoke and felt fully awake and like my stomach was exploding. After awhile I got back to sleep and slept til 9:45 this morning. I'm still way tired and I still feel like I angered the Stomach God greatly, but other than that all is well.

Yesterday was unusually sunny here, and today it is back to regular cloudiness. My roommate is off to Rome on holiday, and I'm trying to get myself ready to head down to the university (if I can find it) and explore. Try to start the lovely bureaucratic hoop jumping. My nice roomie, Angelina, who is 34 and originally from the Ukraine (so only half German), left her bike for me to take. I should be able to follow the road around the lake (I like across the lake from the center of town and of course, there is no bridge). It is supposed to be a lovely trek.

After I take the German bureaucracy head on, the plan is to find a lamp, learn a bit of the town, and then come home and clean and unpack. And not fall asleep.

I'll try not to make anyone angry today. Emma said the Hamburgers (hee hee) love to yell at people. So perhaps I should prepare myself for more yelling at until I get the hang of things. Hmmm.

It's already 10:30 so I should get ready to go. Hope you all are well. I miss everyone and home like crazy. I'm hoping that will go away soon. ; )

1 comment:

Megan said...

Good luck on the bike ride :) I'm sure you'll do well and I'm sure you'll anger a few Germans, but that's okay. Take some pictures and post them when you have time. Be safe and have fun!!!