Monday, October 22, 2007

Classes

Meegan, the movie was REALLY cute! Emma kept saying how she wanted a little rat afterwards. I didn't quite feel that way, but definitely worth seeing.

Sunday Emma and I hung around the harbor (and the hot chocolate was good, but nowhere near Barcelona's!), and we had planned on going around town, but we didn't get to it. I teased Emma about being a bad tour guide b/c we've yet to just get me oriented in town. lol. But we always have such a nice time.

We then went to her place (a nice, large apartment that is NOT in as sad as a neighborhood as she professes), where Chris had prepared quite the proper feast! He cooked a turkey (big!), lots of vegies, stuffing, etc. It was so delicious. Any time he wants to cook again, I'm there! Erik (from New Zealand/Korea) also joined us. Then Erik and I walked aways to the U-Bahn station and took three different lines home. lol.

Today I went to only two classes. I think I'll keep the Politics of Migration class, but not sure about my Language of Education and Educational Success. Good people, but the course may not be exactly what I want. It's ok, I have 10 other classes to check out. Lol. I have class from 10 am to 8 pm tomorrow. Ew. But afterwards Angelina and I are going to try a place where there is supposedly salsa. I tried tonight, but the online posting was wrong. I biked in the freezing (literally) cold to this cafe, only to search around and find it no longer exists, then I drove back. I didn't know my rear and legs could get that cold. Dear goodness. Today I biked a total of just over 13 miles. I'm not used to that. Wow my legs! And my bike light isn't working. I'd take it to the shop tomorrow, but I don't have time with class all day. I don't suppose they're open at 8.

I still need to apply for a visa, but I think that will wait until next week, when I've got the first week of crazy classes behind me. Oh so many things on my To Do list.

And Dad turned the big 50 today. All right! And Megan survived her marathon.

I suppose I should go to bed sometime soon. I get a bit addicted to the internet over here.

: )

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey you! Based on the pics you posted, I think I'll just stay in Dubai and lay by the pool for two weeks! hehehe

It all sounds so wonderful. And I hope you have next Friday off...it looks like we need to try Berlin immediately after I arrive. The other option is mailing the passport to the States, but will take nearly a week. So, hope you're are free on Friday, or I'll just have to practice my language skills on my own!!!
Love,
Dad

Megan said...

I think I'll see the movie on video/dvd. It's good to hear you're getting around and enjoying yourself. How are your eyes? Do they feel like they're healing anymore?