Friday, October 12, 2007

Revenge of the Armadillo

I know I keep blogging about the newly discovered joys of homeownership, but after the algae and mice I thought I was done for surprises, at least for a little while. Until I took out the trash last night and noticed that there were parts of the yard torn up. Roger came by today and informed me it was an armadillo situation. How often can you say that? "Well, by looking at the ground, I can tell you it's definitely an armadillo situation you're dealing with." I mean, really. Plus, I thought they were a bit farther south.

Anyone know how to get rid of armadillos?

And why are they tearing up my yard? Is it sport? Are they bored?

I got my glasses yesterday, and while the prescription is not perfect, it helps with the computer and reading. Yay! The doc says the eye is looking better, and we'll just have to wait. I suppose that is a good thing. Now if only my vision were improving!

Three days. Wow. I need to get a move on!

And Aunt Toni, your cat did indeed eat both of my shoelaces in the two minutes I left them downstairs. Grrrr. They were my yellow ones! lol. Onery kittens.

We have a new roomie, Jason, who I think will be a nice addition to the house while Dad and I are gone.

Salsa at the Madrid tonight! I'm excited, b/c the last two times I had eye surgery and couldn't go.

And I'll see Dad in just a few weeks. In GERMANY!!!!!!

1 comment:

Megan said...

We had a situation like that once, but we had a gopher, we had to use road flares and gopher bombs for months before he was gone. Good luck :)