Thursday, October 04, 2007

Buck Up, Little Kate

Those are the words I think Megan would say to me right now. If she weren't in jail. hee hee. And Mary, I had not heard that one about Ben. I can't believe 911 didn't answer! What did you do?

This morning is off to a fabulous start. I spent about 1.5 hours at the doc's this morning. I think I'm going for a record this week. I also think I am baffling them. I really am that reject case where they go, what the f@#$ happened here? And how do we fix it? I think my surgeon was frustrated. Well, join the club, buddy! He gave me a totally different diagnosis from what the other surgeon said Tuesday. Hmmm. Anyone else feel a bit uneasy? Bottom line? Nothing but hard lenses would help my vision at the moment, and he just wants to wait and see. Did you catch that? Wait and see. Beautiful. Well, the waiting I can do. The seeing part, however.....lol. Gotta keep a sense of humor, right? So Monday I'll be back at the surgeon's.

To make the morning even more fun, I came downstairs to find we have an even bigger mouse problem than before. I swear, if it's not one thing...first the algae battles of the summer and now the ensuing rodent revenge. Not only did they survive (maybe they are smart?) the Pellets of Death, they ate more of the food, got into bags, and the real kicker? Can you guess what else they ate? I bet you can't. Let me tell you. The cabinets! That's right, they ate the cabinets. Now, how does that happen, you might ask? I did. I thought perhaps we have very large termites. But sadly I think we have really dumb mice that went looking for nutrients in wood, didn't find it, so ate some more. I don't know how to fix it. I'm sorry Dad, I'm trying to take care of the house. I really didn't see this one coming. And not just because of my poor vision! hee hee. But I'm bringing out the scary traps today. That's right, no more Ms. Nice Kate. No siree Bob. The mice are going down. (ok, so I did kill some a few months ago, but Monica said she'd heard the mice problem this year was particularly bad. Everyone keeps saying we are in for a bad winter and the animals know it, but the funny thing is that it is still so warm here! No worries, I'll be in cold, frozen tundra of hell that Megan and I so love in just 1.5 weeks.)

I hope you all are as amused by my morning as I have been. Ahh, I tell you, the fun never stops here. : )

4 comments:

Megan said...

Get those mice kate...it's a battle now! :) And I hope your new glasses are super duper cool!

Unknown said...

My my my, aren't we the little potty mouth today? You go get em Kate! Hey, tell Monica that if you all can't kill them, call an exterminator. Maybe they can figure it out. Of course, quit leaving your chocolate all over the place and that might help. lol

Sorry again about the eyes, I do wish there was something I could do to help. I see Megan is commenting, that must mean she's out of jail again. hehe

Megan said...

Our of jail for now...but you never know what tomorrow might bring. Maybe a Snowy Plover will register a formal complaint.

Mary said...

We will root for you Kate. Anyone who can master German can figure out the mouse problem :)