Wednesday, October 03, 2007

My Favorite Jailbird

On the way home from tutoring my delightful Germans, I check my phone to hear that Megan has just been released from jail and that I ought to give her a call. When I finally get ahold of her, she relays me the story.

This summer she and Travis were out running on a lovely beach where there is an area that is roped off because it's a protective area for an indangered bird. However, many people were walking, driving, etc. there. So they ventured in for approximately 8 minutes. At which point they got stopped by a policeman and ticketed $500 in fines per person.

She had her court hearing for it this morning, and while Travis got off with a $100 fine, Megan got the same, as well as a Book and Release. That means she was in jail for a few hours. She filled out forms as "The Arrested" and wrote in creative answers like, "All there" for spaces with things like "Teeth" next to them. They took away her ponytail holder and bobby pins and made her sit in a cell where the water fountain pipe came out of the toilet. Needless to say, she quickly lost her thirst.

Finally they released the poor jailbird I like to call my best friend, and let her exhausted self go home. I doubt she'll ever forget today. German Day of Unity AND Day of Megan's First Arrest. Ahhh, it's one for the grandkids! I wonder if she got a picture...oh wait, yes! I know, she could always show her smiling mugshot. I wonder if those come in wallet sizes?

3 comments:

Mary said...

Oh the calls a mother gets from her kids. Mom what do you do when 911 doesn't answer, why do you ask Ben, because a pickup just hit me when I was walking across the street and I am laying in the middle of the street and the pick up left and 911 doesn't answer. Then today a call from Travis, all he could say was, Megan is in jail, Megan is in jail. Need another trip to the beauty salon for color for the new gray hairs that popped out today.

Unknown said...

Kate, I just knew that girl was trouble from the first time Mary commented on my blogsite! hehe

See what you get for making fun of your Mother, Megan?

Megan said...

The realy funny thing is it was also Travis' mom's birthday too. She commented that I would never forget it now :) Sadly, no photos, I only thought of it after I had left. Thank goodness I still have all of my teeth.