Sunday, October 21, 2007

Ratatouille

Last night we saw Ratatouille at an English theater. Very nice! We ran into some friends of Emma and Chris, so we went out for drinks in the Eppendorf area afterwards. They had a car so I felt spoiled. We went to Neo, a chic little place with the heaviest door in the world! Emma and I together couldn't open it, one of the guys had to! lol. I feel weak. Maybe I should buy some weights or find a gym. : )


After that the nice couple drove me to my bike, which I'd left at the Borgweg U-Bahn station, b/c I don't really live that close to the underground, so I had biked there and then caught the U3. On my way back I realized that the bike light wasn't working. That is 1. dangerous, and 2. illegal. I tried to fix it, but it was on, so I'm not sure what the deal is. I figure I'll ask Angelina about that when she gets back. And the internet. And where the trash goes. I want to take out the trash, but I'm not sure which bin to put it in! It's a bit complicated.

I did find the classes I want to take, but I think I was supposed to have registered for them somehow and now it's too late b/c they start tomorrow. So I'm just going to show up and hope they will forgive the dumb foreigner. Everyone else here has been quite helpful, so maybe the streak will continue. Or I'll get yelled at and told to leave. I'm ready for either option.

Today the plan is, weather permitting, that Emma, Chris and I will bike around town a bit, then Chris will cook a roast at their place. Eric is supposed to join us as well.

It's definitely cold here.

Dad figured out how to call me. And he just realized that he will need another re-entry visa to Afghanistan. Uh-oh. I am not sure how to go about that. We might be making a trip to Berlin to the embassy (4.5 hours away) one day. But I have classes as well, so who knows. I emailed them already, asking what to do, but I don't expect a speedy response.

That's the news for now. I'll let you all know how my first day of classes goes.

Monica sent me some great pics from this weekend at Mom's fundraising event. : )

Again, go Meegan go! It's her big marathon day. Better her than me.

Bis spaeter!

1 comment:

Megan said...

You titled the post after the movie but didn't really talk about it. How was it?